Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 3 Registered, 3 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

Aidann, Luffy1, viery

Most users ever online was 33 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:26 am
Keywords
banner nngo game ship thrones forum england Roster secfenia state show build xbox navy hide censors greensteel mine kill boat skills kingdoms mines half tips funny

A Noob's eye view 5 5 1
Share | 

A Noob's eye view

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Paladin
RK Profession: Weaver

PostSubject: A Noob's eye view   Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:50 am

So, I often find myself walking into a quest and saying "Hi, this is my first time, what do I need? What should I do?" Why is that? It's because I don't take the time to run around reading up on several different threads to find out what's what. So I thought it'd be good to add info here (and if you want external links to the wiki, etc) on quests/slayer areas/raids that you do and make a comment on how you saw them in your noobish eyes Very Happy

I'm going to mostly focus on Packs because that's what I've focused on, it might also help those who have been thinking about which pack to buy, make up their minds about what they want.

Quote :
Red Fens

Levels 6 - 13 (but the quests are level 9)

Where? Enter at the caravan that is near the Guild sellers in House K

How many quests? 3 initial ones + one once the initial 3 are done which can be farmed again and again (N.B. you can repeat the initial ones again, but once you do one, you have to do all 3 again before you can do the final part "Into the Deep")

What to expect? Sahaguin, scorpions, tree stalkers, Wisps (mostly)

None of the quests are too bad. 2 people can solo them on normal with cleric hirelings quite comfortably. A rogue is useful for the first one (The Claw of Vulkoor) as sneaking is a good option and there are two doors to be found which can either lead into a trap, or a very useful shortcut - as Beth has added, Feather Fall and Fire Resist are also useful in this quest. I'd suggest picking end rewards carefully as there are lots of "sets" (2 items to be collected to get a useful bonus). I used the boots of the Mire and ring of the mire until very recently as they gave me +15% striding, +7 jump, underwater action, etc... there is a very useful set for rogues and another for clerics I think. All in all, I think this is a great pack to get when you're in the lvl 8-10 range, because the loot is good and you can get quick XP from slayer/rares and quest farming.

NOTE: For the quest Fathom the Depths underwater action is strongly recommended because there is a long underwater swim and if you have to keep coming up for air, you might get left behind...

Difficulty rating: 3/10 - pretty plain sailing apart from end bosses in Fathom the Depths (cube) and Into the Deep (devil), although they're both optional, the one with the scorpions can be tricky if you're not so good at jumping and the end boss is pretty sturdy too.

The XP factor - 6/10 - good XP for this level if you farm the quests

Loot rating - 9/10 - lots of choice, there's something for everyone! It is bound to character though, so you can't swap it between toons.

Entertainment - 5/10 - it's all about farming for XP and loot, but as it's pretty easy overall, the fun factor isn't as high as it could be

Overall Value for money - 8/10

Quote :
Gianthold

Levels 10 - 18, but the quests are 13/14

Where? See Cydonie, the Agent of Argonessen in the marketplace, just outside the bank.

How many quests? 9 - but only 3 of them are obligatory in order to get flagged for Tor, the pre-raid that leads to Reaver's Fate, the real raid!

What to expect? Surprisingly, lots of giants Smile but also Bugbears, drows, humans, fake cat things that knock you over (lol, can't remember what they're called right now)

I loved and hated GH. Some of the quests are fun and I really liked the slayer/rares. I'd highly recommend doing lots of rare runs in groups to get the relics you need to get flagged for Tor. You have to get 60 relics in total, 20 of each type: dragon, elven and giant. That doesn't mean you have to find 60 rares/do 60 quests, because they sometimes drop in 2s or 3s from the quests. Since this was first typed, the requirements for flagging have changed. You now only need to get 9 of each relic. Please note that a lot of my comments here are based on the fact that flagging was a long and arduous task.

The 3 quests you have to do are:

Madstone Crater

A lot of people hate this quest, but to be perfectly honest, I found this one quite fun. You have to defend a giant while it smashes a crystal and mobs come to attack. Basically as a DPS I just stood in the spawn area and waved my sword around while the cleric threw out some heals every now and again. make sure you have a good cleric and at least 2/3 good DPS to do this.

Lots of giants and huge undead skellies

Prisoner of the Plane

I loved this quest and ended up doing it about 3/4 times. It's fun because you get to use a whole range of weapons and fight a lot of different types of monster. Also, as a Pally, I found out that I was finally useful Smile there's one room where only a lawful good player can answer the questions correctly to get the rune.

You'll fight fire, ice, undead, a beholder, vampire, etc... good fun all round Very Happy

The Crucible

Even the name of this quest makes me shudder... it's a nightmare, unless you have someone who knows the maze really well and a rogue with amazing skills (aka Bella Very Happy). I ended up forfeiting the XP just to get this one done because otherwise I think I would have never got flagged. It's a long one, I warn you, I've heard stories of people doing it in 20 minutes, but my experiences were 3 hours (and then we failed) and 2 hours!

Why did I hate it so much?

1) There's a pretty complicated maze to go through, that takes a fair amount of time.
2) You have annoying gnolls that blast snow storms; these storms slow you down and blind you at the same time.
3) Falling floors that you can't really avoid and send you crashing back down to repeat the annoying jump-through-water-against-the-strong-current part.

Then there are the tests - you have to have a really really good rogue to do the agility one and the endurance one. The agility one requires avoiding lots of traps in a very short amount of time. When I did it, a barbarian did this part, using his speed as an asset. The endurance one is a looooong swim, again with lots of traps, that suits rogues (and monks?) down to a tee. The wisdom one requires you to have LOW wisdom, otherwise it'll lie to you and lead you into a room full of really deadly traps. After all that, the end fight is a doddle, which consists of fighting a few red-named bosses. Get a good mage to firewall them and you're fine Smile

Orcs, Gnolls, Hobgoblins and mephits galore!

Tor is also pretty hard because you have to kill 3 powerful dragons. The trick is that with each dragon, there is also a giant and they both have to die at exactly the same time. So you have to co-ordinate well with the rest of your team.

Each dragon/giant combo does a different type of damage and there's a knack as to how to kill some of them.

The combos are:

Black Dragon - does fire damage
White Dragon - does cold damage
Blue Dragon - does electricity damage - lead it into the left hand side so that it's not standing on the piles of gold. If it goes on the gold, it'll send out shocks of electricity and you'll all basically be toast!

The reward:

The reward for all this flagging, is access to the easiest raid in the game - The Reaver's Fate. This raid has some pretty useful loot and there's always a chance that you'll pull a +3 tome. Madstone Boots, the amulet of the stormreaver, head of good fortune are a few of the great items that are highly sought after!

The raid:

The Reaver's Fate is most probably the easiest raid in the game. On a good run, it takes no longer than 20 minutes to finish and for 15 of those minutes, there's a close likelihood that you'll do nothing. The first part requires one tanker and a healer or two who deal with the stormreaver, while the rest of the members go in one the left and hug the front wall. The tank takes the Stormreaver's attention and the healer keeps him/her alive... waiting for the orbs to be lit. Other casters/ healers might hang near the Stormreaver because they get charges off his orbs being lit.

Those standing by the side are known as pikers - they don't exactly do nothing - but pretty close to it. They stay in the front left-hand corner and deal with a few air elementals that come out every now and again. You'll be thrown in the air 3/4 times, in which case, fly into the near front-left corner, where the pillar is to avoid taking damage. When all the orbs have been lit, the stormreaver will give out a fly spell and one person will have to fly up and hit a switch (located in a spike-lined tunnel in the ceiling, to the West). Then everyone will jump in and kill the Stormreaver.

Killing him and flicking the switch will lower the barrier to the west. Go up the steps and then down again into the 2nd room. Here, a puzzler will deal with the puzzle:

http://www.globalsoftware-inc.com/harncw/StormReaverPuzzleSolver.html
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=153125

During that time, the rest of the people will deal with the few elementals that pop up. Once the puzzle is solved, head back into the first room and collect your loot Smile

Difficulty rating: 6/10 - most of the quests are easy and the slayers are not too bad, however, the evilness that is the Crucible, and the challenge of Tor, the pre-raid quest, push the difficulty of this pack up.

The XP factor - 10/10 - at mid-levels, there is nothing better than GH. WIth 9 quests, slayer, rares, and a pre-raid/raid there is a LOT of XP to be had.

Loot rating - 5/10 - Some of it is sought after, but it's nothing special really...

Entertainment - 6/10 - it'll keep you going for a fair amount of time... but the grind of having to get all those relics, can begin to drive you mad if you are not careful! Then, once you're done the raid is easy.

Overall Value for money- 7/10 - Great for XP and some useful loot. You can also craft armor, although I'm not all that sure about it to be honest.

Quote :
The Vale of Twilight

Levels 12 - 20 (but the quests are level 16 and the raid is level 17)

Where? Access via the Twelve, go towards the Twelve Tower, but fork off to the right and follow the path instead of going along the bridge to the tower

How many quests? 5 - All have to be completed before you can enter The Shroud, the most famous raid in the game! I will be running them all again soon though as I'll be looking for materials for my 2nd greensteel item Smile

# Rainbow in the Dark
# Ritual Sacrifice
# Running with the Devils
# The Coalescence Chamber

Tip - head straight at first towards what looks like the ruins of a building. Follow the path up onto the ruined walls and you'll find yourself at the gates of Meridia. This is a village in the middle of the Vale where you can bind your spirit, etc.

What to expect? Devils, planar gateways, Orthons, Windlasher Gnolls, etc.

I can't really help a lot with the quests, because I only did them all once (except for Let Sleeping Dust Lie, which I had to repeat following a fail), so my memory of them is often fuzzy.

Let Sleeping Dust Lie

This is the one I had to repeat because someone killed 5 spiders. However, on my second run with Bella and some of her buddies Smile, we managed to get through it pretty easily and didn't kill any spiders at all, which means we got an extra chest Smile You run around corridors off the main area looking for keys and books, until you have them all. They are never in the same place, so you literally have to check everywhere. It isn't really that hard as far as quests go, unless you kill more than 4 spiders and then it's an automatic failure.

Entrance to this quest is underwater, so get your underwater action on first! If you should fail, you'll be teleported back out into the water too, so you'll also need Underwater action at that point!

Ingredients for GreenSteel crafting available from this quest: Locust Husk, Chipmunk Funk, Shavarath Stone of Strategy

Rainbow in the Dark

This quest isn't that hard, and I actually quite like it, because it has a few real challenges that require good teamwork, etc.

Basically, the whole quest takes place in pitch black, and the only light you can see comes from a torch that one member of the party (normally a Wiz/Sorc) must carry. Therefore, it's imperative that everyone stick together. There are a couple of points with collapsible falls, where you have to walk across narrow pathways with drops on either side into pits filled with spikes, which can cause problems if anyone falls and there's another point where you have to jump across onto small raised platforms, which is challenging if you struggle with jumping and have lame keyboard skills (like I do Very Happy).

There are a couple of puzzles, for which the solutions are:

(mandatory: rainbow puzzle and optional: clocklike puzzle)

Rainbow puzzle: Starting on the left end, set the buttons to the colors in the electromagnetic spectrum as they appear in the rainbow: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Teal, Indigo, Purple. If you're colorblind, the buttons light up in the colors in this order from their "unlit" state...simply jump on each button til it is unlit if it's lit, then a number of times corresponding to it's position in the row (1, 2, 3, etc) - some people get fancy by unlighting all the buttons, then running down the row repeatedly, skipping one more button on each run, but this isn't necessary.

Clock puzzle: There are 720 possible orders in which you can light up 6 levers. One mistake and you're falling onto lots of pointy things.

Tip: If you want all chests, you'll need to make sure your group includes a trapmonkey. Avoid stepping on the buttons in intersections, as they summon fire elementals.

Mats for GS crafting: Shavarath Stone of Foresight, Green Briar Twigs or Glistening Pebbles

Ritual Sacrifice

To be honest, I don't remember anything about this one, apart from the fact that you have to keep an NPC alive and that it wasn't all that hard. If the NPC dies, you fail the quest

Mats for GreenSteel crafting: Lammanian Lily Petals, Bitterscrub Fungus, Shavarath Stone of Might

Running with the Devils

This was the first quest I ran in the Vale and I did so with help from Dee and Anto - we pretty much zerged, so I don't remember a lot of it. However, I don't remember there being too many difficulties and it's a pretty straightforward quest.

Mats for Greensteel crafting: Bitterscrub Fungus, Glistening Pebbles, Shavarath Stone of Battle

The Coalescence Chamber

This quest is a bit of a nightmare, especially for those with low jump skills. I had the misfortune of being in a PuG with a few zergers, in particular an FvS who didn't heal. I fell while going up at one point and got left behind Sad Fortunately, there was another cleric and a ranger from the Helpers Guild, who came back for me and led me to the top of the shaft next to the door leading to the end fight, where we waited while the zergers died, got lost, etc...

A lot of this quest is pretty much like the Pit... you go up and down shafts and if you don't know where you're going, you soon get lost, so check out the Wiki before going in. There are two shafts, but I'm not sure I saw both.

Feather Fall is definitely useful, as it helps you get down more quickly and could save your laugh, in case you fall...

Mats for Greensteel Crafting: Green Briar Twigs, Chipmunk Funk, Shavarath Stone of Victory

Once these 5 quests are done, you'll have all 5 Shavarath Stones that you need to be able to continue towards being flagged for the Shroud. Then follow these steps and you're set:

1)Upon completing all 5 quests, you should have enough favor points for "Suspicious" rank with the Twelve and an in-game mail notification should confirm this. Go back to either Jeanselme Brucetius in The Twelve or Valairea Satnarine in Meridia and claim your favor rank.
2) Go to Valairea Satnarine outside the Eldritch Chamber in the center of Meridia, and start her quest of Eldritch Device Tutorial.
3) You now have access to the Altar of Fecundity in Meridia, and you can now begin crafting. In order to complete "Chapter 1: The Nature of Eldritch" of the quest, take all 5 items she gave to you (Chunk of Shavarath Dirt, Gnoll Whittled Branch, Polished White Marble Stone, Spider Spun Thread and Special Energy Cell) and place them in the Altar of Fecundity. Mix Magically to make a Glowing Orb (looks like the Festival Twig). Bring this back to her. (Note: You need this to be in your inventory. When it is in your ingredient bag, she won't notice.)
4) Your quest should be advanced to "Chapter 2: Stones of Shavarath" now, take all 5 of the Shavarath Stones and do the same to make a Shavarath Signet Stone (grey) - This Stone is a key ingredient to make your Green Steel Item. Again, bring this back to her.
5) Then the Grandmaster Aaseamah will give you the quest of The Thirteenth Eclipse (The Shroud raid), if he does not advance your quest at this point, be certain you have collected your end rewards from each of the five quests. You never actually "complete" a quest until you collect your end reward.

The Thirteenth Eclipse aka The Shroud

You are now ready to take on The Shroud, the most famous raid in the game and the one that will provide you with all the mats you need to create your uber Greensteel items.

Because people had been talking about it so much, I was really scared about doing this quest the first time, but I must stress that there is nothing to be worried about at all. It's pretty straight forward really and in about a dozen runs, I've never failed (touch wood). There are a few points to take into account to ensure that you don't look like a noob, and you can enjoy the experience to the max. Part of it is etiquette and part of it is listening to the leader. If you are new, don't be afraid to tell the group leader! No pets should be called, although they're pretty harmless in the first part!

The Shroud is split up into 5 phases, all with different challenges, which is probably what makes it such an interesting raid, here they are step-by-step:

(Phase 1) The Challenge of the Waning Moons tests the might and mettle of the bravest of warriors.

Before you step in, you'll be buffed up fully, probably with elemental resists, GH and jump to get up to the next portal more quickly.

Once in, the group will all kill the first scouting force, which are ahead and to the right. Then, you'll all focus on bashing the portals (get construct bane to bash portals more quickly). You have to beat 15 portals down, while casters basically go ahead of you each time and clear the scouting forces from the next portal that you'll be bashing. Casters use finger of death, etc.

Once the final portal is down, the barrier comes down and you go up to the Altar where there are 2 chest and the portal to phase 2.

(Phase 2) The Challenge of the New Moon tests the strategy and cunning of the most intrepid of warriors.

Here, you enter into a sort of maze and everybody starts off in different places, so gather together in the centre, where you take any trash you encounter on your way to be dealt with by the group as a whole. Once the trash is all gone, listen to the leader, who'll tell you the plan of attack.

Basically there are 4 lieutenants to kill and a crystal to be shattered. Normally, the leader will say who deals with which of the lieutenants. It's very important to coordinate this part because all of the lieutenants need to be taken down at the same time, or they'll respawn. When ready, those responsible for each lieutenant will go to the centre to get aggro and then take them to a different part of the map. They need to be taken away from the centre, in case you fail to kill them at the same time and then it gives you at least 10-15 seconds to take them down before their spirits get back to the centre, at which time, they'll respawn.

Once, they've been separate and aggro has been established, you'll be asked to "prep/prepare" each one. That means beat them until they have very little HP left and then stop hitting them until all the others are prepped. Some of them will regain HP if you stop beating them, so keep an eye on this (the troll does, I'm not sure about the others)...

The lieutenants are an orthon, fire elemental, troll and devil - the leader will tell you to wait til they are prepped and then give the order in which they should be dropped. Then a caster, will shatter the crystal and the barrier will drop, allowing you access to 2 more chests, the Altar of the New Moons and the portal to Phase 3

(Phase 3) is the puzzle part. There are several good puzzle solvers, but 3X3s are pretty straightforward and you shouldn't need a solver for one of them. This is the one I use;

Puzzle Solver

You have a limited amount of time to do this so if you don't know your puzzle, or are struggling, speak up quickly, stating where you are on the map (in relation to everyone else) and someone with knock will come along, open the barrier to where you are and help you out. Don't smash anything to get out, just wait until the puzzle is done, or help arrives. Once your puzzle is done, find the fountain and get a vial of water, return to your puzzle and put it in the head on the wall to make water run. Then return to the fountain again and get more water to purify other puzzles... it's never a good idea to stand idly, as it can be frowned upon! Once all puzzles are done and the heads have been made to spout water, then there will be 2 extra chests in the fountain (under water), then you go to the alter of the waxing moons, where you'll find 2 more chests and the portal to phase 4.

(Phase 4) The Challenge of the Full Moon tests the physical and emotional fortitude of the heartiest of warriors.

For this part, Fire resist, GH and FoM (Freedom of Movement) are recommended. You enter through the portal and there's a scouting party of devils and orthons. Kill them and then the DPS will run to the centre where they'll beat on Harry and be hit by flying blades. Clerics will stand on the outside throwing mass heals so that the DPS only have to concentrate on beating Harry. If the DPS is good then he'll be defeated in one go. If not, he'll disappear, at which point you have to run back to just left of the entrance where you'll find another scouting force and then once that is defeated, head back to the centre and finish Harry off.

At this point, head through the barrier to the Altar of the Lost Moon and 2 more chests.

TIPS:
1 - Don't run away from Harry, because then you won't get the heals!
2 - If you are a first-timer, speak up and the leader should let you have a go at getting an extra chest that only first-timers have a chance of getting for the group. You have to hit the centre of the portal in order to do so, but in 12 runs so far, I've only ever seen it done right once! If you fail, Don't release in shame, it's ok Wink

# (Phase 5) The path to the Lost Moon.

You'll notice that as you step in, everyone steps backwards and you hear Harry speak to you. Eventually the fighting will start and you'll see more lieutenants. You'll probably be told to "save" one, so whichever one that is, don't kill it, because it will allow the casters to get their mana back. Go to whichever lieutenant you've been assigned to and take it down (unless it's the one being saved)... there's no need to kill them all at the same time this time. When only one is standing, the melee will surround it so that it can't move and then the casters, especially the healers, will run in and out of the pools of water in the corners in order to get their mana back. When the order is given, take the lieutenant down and head to the altar where Harry will appear again - this is the end fight, just stand firm and beat on him with your Harry Beater (metalline of pure good is the best as you won't have your greensteel weapon yet), while the clerics throw mass heals again;

Once Harry's been defeated, some members, will most probably recall or take a D Door out, so don't touch the altar until they are all out and have left the group. I personally, never touch the altar and let the leader deal with that part...

At that point, you get 2 more chests and the Shroud is over Smile

Now all that there's left to do is repeat several more times to gather materials for your greensteel item. You can recall or take a D Door after beating Harry for the last time so that you can repeat the Shroud, to get small and medium mats again (large can drop after phase 4) as you can only repeat raids once every 3 days.

NOTES:

A) While in The Twelve, speak to Jeanselme Brucetius to receive a free Small Ingredients Bag. You can purchase a Medium Ingredients Bag in House Phiarlan, Jorasco or The Portable Hole

B) All quests must be completed on at least NORMAL in order to get the stones.

C) This pack also gives you access to the Subterranean including the two raids down there - Hound of Xoriat and A Vision of Destruction (level 18).

Difficulty rating: 8/10 - some of the quests are challenging and you're bound to die a few times while doing slayer. Plus, the grind for the perfect mats for your Greensteel item means that you'll be going back again and again!

The XP factor - 8/10 - good XP for this level, with slayer/rares, etc.

Loot rating - 8/10 - Drops are not that great, although you can get +3 tomes from the shroud... However, greensteel items are the ultimate!

Entertainment - 7/10 - some of the quests are not a lot of fun, but the slayers are pretty cool and the Shroud is great for building team playing skills!

Overall Value for money - 10/10 - the ultimate due to Green Steel

Review of Stones needed for GS blanks and mats gained from each quest:

Mats from Let Sleeping Dust Lie: Locust Husk, Chipmunk Funk, Shavarath Stone of Strategy

Mats from Rainbow in the Dark: Shavarath Stone of Foresight, Green Briar Twigs or Glistening Pebbles

Mats from Ritual Sacrifice: Lammanian Lily Petals, Bitterscrub Fungus, Shavarath Stone of Might

Mats from Running with the Devils: Bitterscrub Fungus, Glistening Pebbles, Shavarath Stone of Battle

Mats from Coalescence Chamber: Green Briar Twigs, Chipmunk Funk, Shavarath Stone of Victory

Last edited by Zogdor on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:32 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seldomseen
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Cleric
RK Profession: Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A Noob's eye view   Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:35 am

Great Idea Zog, one thing you might want to add is whether end rewards are bound to char, account or not at all. I think the ones from redfen are bound to character, but I am not sure.

This might stop people from pulling an end reward with the thought that they will give it to another character and find out they cant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beth
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character: Fighter
RK Profession: None

PostSubject: Re: A Noob's eye view   Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:01 am

Quote :
A rogue is useful for the first one as sneaking is a good option and there are two doors to be found which can either lead into a trap, or a very useful shortcut.

Name the quest you're referencing here as they don't have to be done in any particular order? I'd also mention that fire resist and FF are cool for that scorpion quest ^^

Nice job! +1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Noob's eye view   Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Edited to add the info mentioned above, thanks for the input!

If you want to do a similar one for other packs, please feel free to do so and I'll edit it into the first post.

I'm thinking about finishing off GH, then doing Vale and Reaver's. So does anyone want to do Threnal/Ataraxia/Tangleroot/Delera's/Catacombs/Three Barrel Cove/Necros?

I'd be interested to find out more about Sands and Necro IV as I've only done slayers/rares and farming in them up to now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seldomseen
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Noob's eye view   Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:43 pm

We can do tangleroot tonight, will take a few hours ( i am guessing about 4) I know one of the quest can be window farmed really easily, I forget which part it is and exactly how its done, but all it takes is someone with exp retreat to run through the quest, get to the end and controlling who leaves when.

3BC I would like to get done also, I should probably solo the quest on normal first though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: A Noob's eye view   Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:55 am

Yes Funny Zog took Phy into the Red Fens, I found a trap he warned me about, well I thought it was the previous Levers so I am waiting in the room and Zog moves the levels and Sniff Sniff I smell burning.,

Of course it was fine for Zog he was not on fire.

Then onto the Previously mentioned Scorpions, well Phy has not devoted much in the way of points to sneaking so just about every scorpion spotted me and from the quest I thought I was not to kill them so ended up trapped against a door I could not open and Swarned to death.

Then to look through the door to see Zog merrily slaying scorpions.

I also coined a new word.

Getting Zogged.

We both had a great time.

Thanks Zog
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seldomseen
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Noob's eye view   Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:43 am

Soory I couldnt get on, Got the BSOD while playing yesterday, Computers been sluggish and getting weird errors, shutdown and during reboot, sys couldnt find the config sys file, took two hours for me to locate the original OS disk ( BTW i use the date file system where the older something is the lower in the pile it is), goodnews I did throw away a ton of aol free offer disk that had somhow accumalated in my piles, now the are where they belong... the trash......anyway i degress, short version.....i went out got a new hard drive nowevery thing seems to be good. will be back on today.

Glad to see Tod is still working on his zerging skills Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seldomseen
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Noob's eye view   Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:19 pm

A note on MP, that I wrote the last time i ran it.

First if the wizard has some kind of crowd control, it will be most useful.

This is how I did the part with the three tunnels ( which I always dreaded).

Go up the ramp by the closed door, this will lead to an activation ruin, which will open the way to the three caves after killing zombies. Go thru the opening, upthe ramp and go straight dont go to right just yet.

Go in center and kill zombies, this ruin will activate the moon cave, which is the one with frostbite and shrine( but is the third one I visit, you can see the ruin mark on the center column and above the door). I go back towards the first ramp and go left and up( which would be right if you entered from the way you came in). head towards act ruin, kill zombie . this opens the cave with the C ruin which has the switch and shrine, the cave is right next to ruin so go and operate switch.

come out and go up the right rampto act ruin. this opens the cross cave, with the second switch.after activating ruin, continue to go straight and head down, at intersection turn left and go down to cave to operate second switch. come out and go back to the last intersection, go straight threw intersection and down ramp , then up a ramp to moon cave.

use FF to get to bottom, but if you dont have FF, then come out of cave, go down ramp and continue down ramp to the right. go right at bottom of rampwhich will lead you to the first intersection by the first activation ruin.

The next big fight is where there are two caves and lots of people inside and outside each one. If you go up the first ramp type stairs in the ice, it leads to the cave without the shrine, I much prefer to go past the first set of ice stairs and come from the second set, which allows me to clear the shrine, with the least amount of resistance.

After that battle it is a cake walk to end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dee_Snider
Knight

Character sheet
DDO character: Wizard
RK Profession: Blacksmith

PostSubject: Re: A Noob's eye view   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:35 pm

My two cents - if you want to go lava diving, make sure you have cold shield, fire prots/resists, and a pair of these:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Noob's eye view   Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Updated Gianthold - will now be working on the Vale of Twilight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Noob's eye view   Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Updated with Vale of Twilight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tod_Whitesnow
Squire

Character sheet
DDO character:

PostSubject: Re: A Noob's eye view   Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:47 am

Great work Zog

Tod
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zogdor
Squire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Noob's eye view   Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:27 pm

I just found this by chance - a conclusive review of ALL packs:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=287854

Seems that the guy did the same as me but made less comments on individual quests. I tend to agree with him on basically everything, but would like to do a more in-depth review of a selection of packs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A Noob's eye view

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1